What to Look for When Buying a New Home
When you’re searching for a new home, there’s a lot to consider. This is a big decision that warrants time and research to make sure you find a place that fits your lifestyle and budget. Luckily, we’ve gathered helpful tips to guide you through the home buying process. Here’s what to look for when buying a new home.
- A homebuilder you trust. This is an easy “check” if you’re working with Landsea Homes! We’ve been named 2022 Builder of the Year by Builder Magazine, and we’re excited to show you why. Partnering with a builder that you can put your faith in—with a proven track record and ample integrity—can make all the difference. Landsea’s defining principle, “Live in Your Element,” focuses on customers truly being able to live where they want, how they want, in a home that fits them perfectly, inside and out. This aspect of full trust is important when you’re searching for new homes, and Landsea Homes is confident you’ll have complete peace of mind throughout the home buying process. From Sales Counselors to Builders to Warranty Representatives, our team of experts will be with you every step of the way.
- Options that fit your lifestyle. Home features aren’t just a cherry on top of a good home – they’re the heart of any great space! You deserve curated features that gel with your family and how you live. Landsea Homes’ LiveFlex® program offers thoughtfully designed options to enhance your home, creating spaces for focusing, learning and even working out. These options offer solutions that optimize privacy and provide smart home technology for how you live today. Get more details on LiveFlex® here and create your own home gym, home office or educational space. You can always look to the Design Center to personalize your home based on your tastes and preferences. The best part? The experts at Landsea Mortgage powered by NFM Lending will work with you to have your Design Center costs built into your monthly mortgage payment.
- Energy-efficient savings. This is one of the best benefits of purchasing a brand new home rather than a resale home. Your new space will afford you more ways to save via a variety of built-in energy-efficient features. Eco-friendly features like enhanced insulation, LED lighting and Energy Star® certified appliances add to your home’s efficiency—saving energy and lowering your utility bill. Landsea’s High Performance Homes are specially outfitted to preserve natural resources and save you money at the same time—a win across the board. Read more about High Performance Homes here.
- A healthier lifestyle. Another important part of our High Performance Homes is Healthy Lifestyle. We know that clean air is an absolute must-have, so we want to ensure that your home has the cleanest air possible with an included REME HALO®air-purification system. This state-of-the-art purifier seamlessly connects to your air conditioner to eliminate bacteria, mold, allergens, odor and other pollutants. With purified air distributed throughout your home, you can rest assured that you and your family are breathing cleaner air. Learn more about other aspects of the Healthy Lifestyle promise
- Home automation. When you’re considering what to look for in your new home, it’s important to choose a space that’s fully connected with all the built-in technology you need. Each High Performance Home includes an Apple® HomePod mini® that allows you to control all home automation features from one convenient mobile app. Use the Apple® Home app to control the entry locks, thermostat, garage door opener, light dimmer switches, doorbell camera and much more from anywhere within your home—or even while you’re away. Plus, you can customize your experience to fit your lifestyle—with Siri® as your personal assistant. You’ll be able to create “scenes” that group together multiple commands with just the sound of your voice. That means when it’s time for bed, just say, “Hey Siri, it’s bedtime,” and watch the window shades close, lights dim, doors lock and thermostat adjust all at once.
Ready to take the next step? Landsea Homes offers a wide range of new single-family homes, townhomes and condos in vibrant communities from coast to coast. Explore the new homes near you: Southern California, Northern California, Arizona, Texas, Florida and NYC Metro.
Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram as well as Pinterest to keep up to date on all the latest news and inspiration from Landsea Homes.