Home Tips for the Holidays
As the holiday season unfolds, the prospect of joy and celebration fills the air. Imagine a holiday season where stress takes a back seat, so you can enjoy every little moment. We’ve gathered a few easy tips to help get you and your home into the holiday spirit.
Declutter and Clean
Before you dive into decking the halls, start with a clean slate. Decluttering not only makes space for festive decorations but also simplifies your holiday preparations. Take the time to organize different areas of your home, dedicating manageable blocks of time to avoid overwhelming tasks. And consider donating items you no longer need to spread the holiday spirit beyond your home.
As temperatures drop, the risk of fire hazards increases. Safeguard your home by checking smoke detectors, being cautious with the placement of lights and décor around heating vents and electrical outlets and using candles safely. Be sure to monitor your fireplace and avoid overloading extension cords to keep your celebrations both festive and safe.
While you’re getting cozy indoors, unwanted critters might have the same idea. Keep a local pest control company’s number handy in case outdoor visitors overstay their welcome. Protect your holiday sanctuary from unexpected guests with preventative measures.
Stock Up on Essentials
Eliminate last-minute stress by stocking up on essential ingredients for those favorite holiday meals and recipes. Ensure your pantry is well stocked with cooking staples and have extra supplies like toiletries, tissues and paper towels on hand for guests and to avoid additional trips to the store.
Here are our tips for holiday baking essentials to keep on hand
- Flour: All-purpose flour is shelf-stable and has a mild flavor, making it perfect for cookies, quick breads, muffins, cupcakes, cakes, pie dough and so much more!
- Leaveners: Baking soda and baking powder, which is a mix of baking soda, cream of tartar and sometimes cornstarch.
- Sugars: Granulated sugar or basic “white sugar” is the default ingredient when a recipe simply calls for sugar. Brown sugar is white sugar with molasses added. And powdered sugar (also known as confectioners’ sugar) is perfect when preparing frostings or icing.
- Cocoa Powder: Natural unsweetened cocoa powder is the cocoa powder that’s most often called for in baking recipes.
- Extracts and Flavorings: Pure vanilla extract is an absolute must when it comes to adding richness and extra flavor to everything that you bake.
- Dairy Must-Haves: Unsalted butter, eggs and milk are called for in most recipes.
And a pro tip from grandma – once a baking ingredient is about half used up, add it to your next grocery list so you never run out!
Plan for Self-Care
Amid the hustle and bustle, prioritize self-care. Take moments to enjoy the season by strolling through your festively decorated neighborhood or baking cookies in your new kitchen while listening to our “Holiday Cheer!” playlist on Spotify. And make sure you carve out a little time for relaxation and anything else that brings you joy.
See What the Locals Are Up To
If you’re new to your neighborhood, immerse yourself in the local holiday spirit. Explore your town’s website or seek out nearby holiday-themed activities, events, concerts and plays. Connect with your community and celebrate the season with newfound neighbors.
Dos and Don’ts When Buying a Home During the Holidays
Embarking on the journey of buying a new home during the holidays? Watch our insightful video for essential dos and don’ts to ensure a smooth transition into your new abode.
As the holidays approach, we extend our heartfelt appreciation for choosing to be part of the Landsea Homes family, whether you’re just starting your search for a new home, are on your way to homeownership or have already settled into your new haven. May your home be filled with joy and warmth this holiday season. Cheers to a happy and festive celebration, from our entire team to you and your loved ones!
Discover the right home to help you #LiveInYourElement in time for the holidays. Our new-home communities in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Northern California, Southern California, Texas, and NYC Metro await, and our team of experts is ready to assist you every step of the way. Call (888) 827-4421 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule an appointment to tour our model homes near you.