Construction Superintendent manages all aspects of the jobsite as it relates to home construction. Responsible for the construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits and maintaining excellence. Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for construction and presentation of all homes in a timely manner.
- Scheduling all involved contractors on-site as well as off-site for each phase of development and construction.
- Approves work being performed by subcontractors and handles any issues that may arise.
- Ensures the selected options and upgrades are implemented during construction and for homeowner walk-through.
- Enforces safe work habits and observes federal, state and city safety-related requirements.
- Monitors subdivision cleanliness and holds subcontractors responsible for daily clean-up.
- Walks each home daily to make sure it’s 100% complete, clean and meets company standards.
- Performs checklists and reports at critical stages to aid in controlling aspects of the construction process.
- Follows company priority list to manage all additional aspects of the job as provided.
- Project, track and report all required reports to the field manager Monday and Friday of each week.
- Reports weekly on all trade delays to field manager.
- Is the designated point of contact for office and jobsite superintendents.
- Schedules and runs weekly meetings with onsite sales and superintendents.
- Verifies community is clean and all superintendents are properly placing lot signs.
- Ensure company safety policy, MCAQD and SWPPP requirements are being followed at all times.
- Walks spec homes every Monday to determine sales readiness.
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Prefer one-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to run the volume of 25+ homes in a fast paced environment.
- Requires excellent customer care and the ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, with homeowners and subcontractors, as needed.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all employees and management.
- Thorough knowledge of the residential building industry and the ability to use general building tools and equipment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance required at all times.
- Working knowledge of construction codes.
- Dust control certification.
- Blueprint reading to interpret architecture, structural and civil plans.
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include a computer or tablet, fax machine, copier and printers. Proficient computer skills are preferred: Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Attention to detail is a must.
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks and duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task and others. This position requires safety-related training, provided by the company.
- Directly supervises assistant superintendents, laborers, subcontractors and vendors on the job site.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work.
This position will require driving, a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required at all times.
At Landsea Homes, we’re not just building houses, we’re providing lifestyles where our team members can work (and live) in their element! Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k with company-match, and a generous PTO package, including time off to volunteer, and more.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.