We are seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Staff Accountant experienced in the general ledger and financial statements for home-building and land development. They will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Preparing daily and monthly journal entries across all accounting systems
- Processing all incoming closings, tie out to closing statement, work with escrow department to ensure all data is correct, enter journal entry
- Processing all incoming lot sales and bulk sales, including maintain lot and bulk spreadsheets
- Processing all cash related journal entries including, wires, transfers and customer payments
- Reconciling general ledger accounts, including intercompany accounts
- Processing month-end, quarter end, and year-end close processes
- All other tasks as requested by the Accounting Manager
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
- Possess a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to learn and adapt to new processes quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sensitive and responsive to others; willing to seek solutions
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience
- Homebuilding experience is preferred
- Ability to partner with co-workers to successfully meet deadlines
- Work independently as well as on a team
- Strong Knowledge of Excel and all Microsoft Office Products
- Regular and reliable attendance
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position works in a general office environment with moderate noise, the office environment is busy with unscheduled interruptions.