A Senior Land Development Manager is responsible for managing specific land development projects as assigned from project inception through turnover to the Vertical Construction Department. A Senior Land Development Field Manager prepares, maintains, and executes the site development schedule and budget to ensure that communities are constructed to the finish lot stage timely, within budget, and to the quality standards of Landsea Homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of communities and adherence to the approved project budgets.
- Schedule, monitor, and proactively manage all aspects of land development in the field including but not limited to:
- Coordinate pre‐construction meetings and inspections with municipal inspectors and utilities’ representatives.
- Provide daily coordination and professional communication with various departments within the company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
- Perform daily site visits to each construction site to inspect subcontractors’ and utilities’ work to ensure the same is performed according to schedule, building codes, plans, and contract specifications.
- Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy by enforcing OSHA safety requirements; traffic and dust control standards; and SWPPP control BMP’s and any other permits or requirements.
- Work with Land Development Coordinators to ensure necessary permits are obtained and remain in full force and in good standing.
- Deliver project subdivision with Certificate of Occupancy Clearance and coordinate turnover to Vertical Construction Department.
- Coordinate the completion and turnover of the landscaping, entry gates (if necessary), etc. to HOA.
- Regularly update land development schedule and budget, project notes and development checklist to reflect actual operations.
- Provide regular communication with Management regarding project schedule and budget related issues.
- Review and oversight of project budgets, project contracts, and change orders.
- Bid land development work and provide recommendations for awards.
- Review improvement plans for potential conflicts, prepare initial project budgets, and schedules for projects in due diligence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key qualifications include:
- BA/BS College Degree in related field.
- Minimum 7+ years related experience in the Construction industry with direct Land Development Management experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Excel, Word and become proficient in proprietary software.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Civil Improvement Plans.
- Must manage multiple priorities in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Must have the ability to multi‐task and complete tasks within a scheduled timeframe.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
This position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
This position is a safety‐sensitive position and includes tasks and duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task and others. This position requires OSHA 10‐hour construction safety and health and Rule 310 comprehensive dust control training, provided by the company.
This position will require driving, a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required at all times.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time, time to be split in the field and in the office.