The Sales Counselor role is a great opportunity for experienced individuals looking for an exciting career in new home sales with a well-respected and growing national builder. Prior experience is required.
In this role, the Sales Counselors manages all daily community sales office operations. The position will be responsible and accountable to perform specific duties associated with the New Homes Sales Counselor position.
- Utilizes sales and marketing resources to achieve the sales and closing goals for sales team
- Actively drives traffic through initiating follow up phone calls to previous traffic and coordinating/hosting public and broker events
- Promptly greets prospective customers and registers every customer
- Actively tours prospective customers through the model homes and community to demonstrate the lifestyle and available home sites.
- Demonstrates where the home will be built, identify property lines, onsite improvements, and where neighboring structures will be located.
- Engages in the company’s defined selling process during product tour to deliver effective sales presentation
- Actively seeks to close the sale with prospective customers by asking multiple closing-related questions during presentation, including confirmation of return visit
- Understand the company’s founding principles including High Performance Homes, as well as lifestyle components unique to Landsea Homes.
- Effectively communicates the key differentiator touch points as to why the customer should purchase a home from Landsea Homes versus other builders
- Explains benefits of home designs, construction quality and other features that are showcased throughout the homes
- Effectively discusses and explains the homebuilding and home buying process to customers in such a way that the customer feels knowledgeable and comfortable with the various touch points
- Obtaining appropriate information required to complete the company’s form of purchase and sale contract
- Perform necessary follow-up to techniques to re-engage customers and next steps in the homebuying process
- Works collaboratively with all departments and individuals, both internal and external to represent the company culture and efficiencies.
- Manage backlog, maintaining strong lines of communication with customers post purchase decision.
- Helps resolve any issues or problems with customers to keep the process moving forward in concert with the Customer Journey Process
- Prepares weekly update reports of traffic and sales to management, if applicable
- Maintain knowledge of competitor policies, programs, pricing and products, as well as consumer demographics, in an effort to better define key differentiators for his/her assigned communities and provides helpful information to management
- Helps monitor and shop competitive products for the Sales Counselor
- Follow Company Policies, procedures, and safety protocols
- Minimum of 1-year previous sales experience.
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be comfortable on a computer and willing to adapt to applications such as Outlook, Atlas, Salesforce, and HB1.
- Current working knowledge of homebuilding and the residential real estate industry preferred
- Must be able to prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations.
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, walk active jobsites, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 25 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks and duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task and others.
Travel may at times be required. Employee will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.