General Purpose: Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and office activities of purchasing department while supporting the Director of Purchasing and others as needed. In order to achieve the general purpose of this position the following duties may be required:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review all construction documents, design guidelines, conditions of approval and other project related consultant’s reports.
- Review architectural, MEP, Title 24, GreenPoint Checklist, Feature List etc. for compatibility and identify any conflicts or inconsistencies prior bidding.
- Prepare Bid Scope with accurate information and specifications for individual projects.
- Assembles bid packages (including plans and job information), contracts, addendums, purchase orders and payment.
- Send out Invitation to Bid and monitor bid process and due dates.
- Collect bids and review for accuracy, inclusion and exclusions. Communicate with subcontractors on inquires, questions and follow up.
- Enter bids into spreadsheets for evaluation by Director of Purchasing and other management.
- Prepare contract documents for Purchasing Assistant to input HomeBuilder One to generate contract contracts.
- Assist Purchasing Assistant to track executed Scopes of Work, change orders, MSDS, and work orders.
- Manage and maintain construction permit plans and update plans to Superintendent and Subcontractors.
- Assist accounting, construction staff and subcontractors on billing issues, extra work orders and invoice issues.
- Maintains log of plan revision deltas.
- Updates product feature list.
- Provides support to Director of Purchasing; other managers, senior management and departments as needed.
- Prepares phase budget updates and contract rollovers.
- Monitors contracts for timely execution.
- Reviews non-contract invoices for coding and work order.
- Assists in budget preparation and maintenance.
- Regular contact with Director of Purchasing, Marketing Staff, Field Office Staff, Superintendents, Subcontractors and other Purchasing/Option program Staff.
- Coordinate with Option Coordinator on setting up Option Program include but not limited to: Set up Option details, send option details out for pricing, prepare standards & option binders and issue option work orders .
- Coordinate with subcontractors for bidding on Models & Sales Office construction.
- Work with Sales & Marketing Department on Models & Sales Office plans and details.
- Coordinate with Option Coordinator, Design Center & Sales staff on Model walk to identify standard feature and upgrade items.
- Maintain subcontractor relationship, stay updated on latest construction method and material, expand subcontractor base, networking with peers in the home building industry and attend home building industry organization events.
- Performs any task assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Mission.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employee and Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and vendors.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management polices and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards, or seek assistance.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made enable to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in a Purchasing Department in the home construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer one year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with managers, agencies, consultants, subcontractors and all employees as needed.
- General knowledge of the residential building industry.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include fax machine, copier and printers.
- Must relate well over the phone and in person.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Proofreading Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Customer Relations
- Reading Skills
- Customer Service
- Math Aptitude
- Time Management