Objective: Purchasing Agent is responsible for assembling and maintaining budgets, preparing documents, and must have the ability to understand multiple departments as it relates to their function in the duties described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and negotiate bid discrepancies and price increases.
• Manage bid invites to include the highest level of bidders available.
• Maintain contract changes as directed by Purchasing Manager.
• Prepare bid analysis and award recommendations for each qualified bidder.
• Advise successful trade of award and notify all declined vendors of award decision.
• Notify the Purchasing Administrators with complete and accurate award package for processing.
• Maintain accurate option margin analysis and have the ability to make recommendations.
• Ability to have high level discussions with mid/high level management.
• Recommend strategy and understand industry standards.
• Broad knowledge of the construction industry (read architectural plans, comfortable with vocabulary and be able to understand bids).
• Assist Purchasing Manager with supplier and contract database, rebate and model discount tracking, maintaining and posting Features Specifications as approved by the Executive Committee.
• Ability to advise and update scopes and contracts to help improve efficiencies and lower costs.
• Track pricing for building materials, labor, and equipment as it pertains to vendor increases.
• Qualify and negotiate increases based on prices.
• Manage conflicts and resolve directly with trade partners and field staff.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• College Degree or equivalent experience: five years of experience in residential purchasing or seven years of experience in a similar field.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other reporting software
• Professional demeanor and a passionate drive to learn and improve.
• Be productive in the following areas: Excellent attendance, excellent work quality and quantity, positive contributor, ability to work in a team environment, strong people skills with the ability to work well with others.
• Innovative: Seeks new opportunities and challenges while helping resolve problems and develop new procedures.
• Honest, truthful, and trustworthy and has the highest level of personal integrity.
Supervise, develop, and motivate Purchasing Administrators.
Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position works in a general office environment with moderate noise, the office environment is busy with unscheduled interruptions. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks or duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.
Travel requirements: Some road travel may be required. A valid driver’s license is required at all times.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is full time.