Vice President, Risk Management
Responsible for the overall development and management of the claims and insurance program at Landsea Homes. The Risk Manager will identify and assess potential risks and support the management of those risks consistent with the company's overall risk strategy. The Risk Manager will report to the Chief Legal Officer and work with all levels of management and multiple business units within the company.
Responsible for establishing, managing and maintaining relationships with all insurance service providers including agents, brokers and consultants, underwriters and carriers, actuaries, claims service providers, third party auditors, and state regulators. Coordinate with legal, accounting, home building operations, etc. in the execution of risk management policies and procedures to protect company's assets and minimize liability exposure.
- Apprise and consult with senior management regarding risk management activities, loss reserves and trends, potential loss exposures, coverage concerns, and complex/high exposure claims;
- Conduct quarterly risk management and claims reviews including audit of claim files; Forecast and budget the risk department expense and various risk programs; Assure compliance with internal controls.
- Review subcontractor agreements, premises leases, and project financing contracts with internal business units to ensure minimization of risk and best risk transfer practices.
- Primary contact for all insurance related matters; manage all insurance policy placements and renewals; develop underwriting strategies, presentations and meetings; negotiate and analyze coverage terms and condition; evaluate appropriate limits of liability, retentions and deductible levels.
- Assure compliance with regulatory authorities;
- Develop and implement corporate wide policies and procedures for proper claims reporting, management and administration; ensure accuracy in accordance with policy language, audit and other compliance requirements; implement and monitor effectiveness of recovery actions, subrogation, claims strategies, etc.; ensure primary and excess carrier reporting requirements.
- Track individual insurance programs for renewals; Gather, track, and coordinate underwriting information from business teams for policy placements.
- Track deal closings to assess, place and follow up on insurance needs.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional certification is a plus
- Minimum 10+ years Property/Casualty insurance experience including management of a corporate risk department and experience with complex coverage matters and high exposure claims.
- Strong knowledge and experience with accounting principles, risk management, insurance industry practices, insurance regulatory environment, insurance contracts and claims management.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and explain complex insurance issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers (senior and local management, auditors, insurance regulators, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, and subcontractors)
- Ability to work independently, set goals, and achieve results
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, react quickly, and handle highly-charged situations
- Strong commitment to ethics
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.