Landsea Homes is a global builder with communities and homes in the US, Germany and China. Landsea Homes draws on a global perspective to create urban and suburban communities in prime markets for sophisticated, discerning buyers. We bring insights, innovative approaches and open-minded thinking to the way we choose where to build, what to build, how to build and—most importantly—why, for our buyers.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes designs and builds homes and communities throughout the nation that reflect modern living—inspired spaces and features, built in vibrant, prime locations where they connect seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance the local lifestyle for living, working and playing.
The “golden thread” of Landsea Homes’ many types of homes is where they are built. Throughout the country, we carefully select prime markets for our homes and communities with commuter-friendly access to major employment centers. The result is less time spent commuting, and more time enjoying all the opportunities that your new home affords. You’ll find Landsea communities and homes in New York, New Jersey, the Bay Area of Northern California, Southern California, Arizona, Florida and Texas.
We are seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Director of Construction who is responsible for supervising, directing, and managing the construction department, including overseeing production and quality related functions.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and direct all aspects of construction
- Ensure divisions high level of quality product
- Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities in accordance with job schedules and business partner scopes of work
- Ensure that work is in compliance with City or County requirements and building codes
- Oversee the plan and schedule of all construction activities on homes from start to finish
- Maintain trade partner oversight
- Maintain records of all change orders and/or purchase orders in a community
- Ensure the punch list and warranty items are completed in a timely manner and approved by the customer
- Provide trade partner feedback to the VP of Operations/Division President concerning trade partner’s timeliness and attention to detail
- Inspect each home under construction ensuring that the work is done to specifications
- Ensure timely home completion and deliveries
- Ensure job site cleanliness and safety
- Frequently inspect homes for quality compliance
- Coordinate municipality inspectors to ensure timely approvals of development phases
- Maintain customer and trade partner relations
- Provide initial and ongoing training to construction team regarding warranty issues, scheduling, trade partner supervision, quality control, price negotiations and company policies
- Meet established Regional/Divisional goals set while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality of work
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in written correspondence
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues and strong commitment to producing a quality end result
- Manage, supervise and direct all aspects of construction for assigned community or communities
- Supervise Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents and Purchasing (as assigned) including warranty service.
- Conduct field meetings with trade partners, construction staff and sales staff
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards
- Organize and prioritize work activities while utilizing efficient time management skills in meeting deadlines and staying on schedule
- Ensure that reporting associates follow policies and procedures
- Interviews and recruits construction team
- Enforces upper management directives
- Ability to effectively manage staff through ensuring appropriate staffing, providing formal and informal evaluations/feedback, addressing associate issues when warranted and providing appropriate training and mentoring
- Responsible for providing associates with ongoing, timely, candid and constructive feedback; developing associates to their full potential
- Conduct monthly/quarterly and/or annual performance appraisals
- Develop performance improvement plans if an associate’s performance 1s not meeting expectations
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues and strong commitment to producing a quality product
- Monitor division current product portfolio for required code updates, revisions,
- Manage the process from product design through working drawings and brochures
- Work closely with the Project Manager to hire and contract architects and engineers for new and existing plans as required
- Manage the annual budget
- Drive cost savings recommendations in product design
- Assure the division has legal rights to all plans designed by outside architects or engineers or drafting companies.
Senior Level Additional Duties:
- Provides leadership to the construction and warranty department
- Acts as a mentor and coach to all subordinate field and office personnel assigned under this position.
- Advises less experienced Superintendents in problem
- Demonstrates a commitment to exceeding buyer’s
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employees and
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and subcontractors.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Seeks guidance in areas that are unfamiliar with the Senior Construction
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards, or seeks assistance regarding project requirements.
- Directly supervises Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, laborers, subcontractors and vendors on the job site.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 10 experience in project/construction management in residential construction required.
- Minimum 8 experience in directing and supervising construction staff
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling, budgeting and document management
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and engineering plans.
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word and Excel)
- Excellent follow-up, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Must be able to build and use should-cost models
- Must have sound negotiating skills
- This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks or duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others. This position may require OSHA 10, CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Dust Control and Fire-Safety Extinguisher training, to be provided by the company.
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages, meeting with Trade Partners and vendors. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.