** This position would be located at our Lavender community in Sunnyvale, CA.
Landsea Homes is a global builder with communities and homes in the US, Germany and China. Landsea Homes draws on a global perspective to create urban and suburban communities in prime markets for sophisticated, discerning buyers. We bring insights, innovative approaches and open-minded thinking to the way we choose where to build, what to build, how to build and—most importantly—why, for our buyers.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes designs and builds homes and communities throughout the nation that reflect modern living—inspired spaces and features, built in vibrant, prime locations where they connect seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance the local lifestyle for living, working and playing.
The “golden thread” of Landsea Homes’ many types of homes is where they are built. Throughout the country, we carefully select prime markets for our homes and communities with commuter-friendly access to major employment centers. The result is less time spent commuting, and more time enjoying all the opportunities that your new home affords. You’ll find Landsea communities and homes in Boston, Massachusetts, Weehawken, New Jersey, the Bay Area of Northern California, greater Los Angeles and Orange County, California.
We are seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Senior Superintendent to deliver a superior home product, on time and on budget, that has been quality controlled and constructed with integrity and professionalism by managing offsite, common areas, model complex and production home construction within predetermined budgets, on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees home construction process.
- Schedules, and/or supervises consultants, vendors, subcontractors, Assistant Superintendents and inspectors.
- Supervises Assistant Superintendents and subcontractors.
- Interfaces with sales, customer service and the homebuyer on a consistent and frequent basis.
- Conducts pre-job meetings with subcontractors prior to key stages of construction.
- Maintains on-going training with Assistant Superintendents and Management.
- Manages Quality Control Inspection Program consistently with corporate policy and procedure.
- Performs daily quality walks of all site operations.
- Performs intermediate meetings and walk-throughs with homebuyer during construction process.
- Manages Option Program and cut off dates.
- Manages Third Party Quality Control Inspection Program consistently with corporate policy and procedure.
- Informs each subcontractor of defects in workmanship or delays on a daily basis and follows through on punch lists to insure a timely and quality product is delivered.
- Reviews, codes and approves all subcontractors and material suppliers’ invoiced and progress payment requests.
- Informs Director of Operations, General Superintendent and Purchasing Agent/Off Site Superintendent immediately of any delays or excessive defects.
- Conducts meeting with homebuyers.
- Prepares to successfully pass regulatory agency inspections.
- Releases subcontractors only after satisfactory completion of required work.
- Performs field measurement for all work paid by actual quantity of work installed; ie. Fencing and concrete flatwork.
- Develops and updates Production Schedules in conjunction with General Superintendent and Director of Operations.
- Maintains accurate account of any issues and/or delays.
- Conducts weekly meetings with project sales team to update the New Home Delivery Schedule.
- Completes each home ready for Pre-Carpet and NHO.
- Completes 100% of items listed on each NHO prior to COE 90% of the time.
- Monitors and enforces safety meetings.
- Monitors and keeps models in excellent condition.
- Inspects all improvements with subcontractor prior to commencement of operations that could potentially damage existing improvements and hold subcontractor responsible for any damage.
- Administers Safety Program consistent with Corporate Policy.
- Updates schedules daily to keep management informed of job progress.
- Updates milestone schedules weekly.
- Ensures compliance with all SWPPP requirements.
- Assists off-site manager as necessary on the completion of site work for tract and common area acceptance.
- Assists with the resolution of customer care issues.
- Regular contact with Assistant Superintendent, Homebuyers, Subcontractors, Construction Personnel, Sales Personnel, Laborers, Customer Care Personnel, City and County Inspectors, and Potential Buyers.
- Prepares plans and house files for archiving, including accurate “As-Builts.”
- Performs any task assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to exceeding buyer’s expectations.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employee and Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and subcontractors.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Seeks guidance in areas that are unfamiliar with the Senior Construction Management.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards, or seeks assistance regarding project requirements.
- Directly supervises assistant Superintendents, laborers, subcontractors and vendors on the job site.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work.
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- At least four years of demonstrated experience as a Superintendent in the home construction industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent customer care and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with homeowners and subcontractors, as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the residential building industry and the ability to use general building tools and equipment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Required valid California driver’s license; vehicle insurance.
- Working knowledge of construction codes.
- Dust control certification.
- General contractor’s license preferred.
- Blueprint reading to interpret architecture, structural and civil plans.
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.