Landsea Homes is seeking a Staff Accountant with a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position will play a crucial role in supporting business functions by analyzing financial data, preparing financial reports, and will be responsible for the completion of daily accounting functions related to budgeting, accounting, and audits.
- Prepare journal entries and maintain general ledger accounts.
- Maintain real-time records of monthly house settlements, ensuring accuracy and completeness throughout the month.
- Conduct monthly closing procedures and prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Review property taxes across all communities, and effectively coordinate annual payments.
- Prepare wire transfers, bank deposits, monthly reconciliations, and cash receipt entries.
- Conduct detailed reviews of house and land costing and SG&A expenses, identifying budget variances, addressing cost code errors, and ensuring overall accuracy.
- Monitor fixed asset purchases, ensuring prompt and accurate capitalization and depreciation of assets.
- Assist with special projects and additional support functions, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or business is required.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting, preferably with a large national accounting firm, residential construction, or real estate company.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable communicating cross-functionally with internal and external business partners.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
Occasional travel may be required. A valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance is required at all times.
Landsea Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.