About Landsea Homes Corporation
Landsea Homes Corporation (Nasdaq: LSEA) is a publicly traded residential homebuilder based in Newport Beach, CA that designs and builds best-in-class homes and sustainable master-planned communities in some of the nation’s most desirable markets. The company has developed homes and communities in New York, Boston, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Texas and throughout California in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
An award-winning homebuilder that builds suburban, single-family detached and attached homes, mid-and high-rise properties, and master-planned communities, Landsea Homes is known for creating inspired places that reflect modern living and provides homebuyers the opportunity to “Live in Your Element.” Our homes allow people to live where they want to live, how they want to live – in a home created especially for them.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes’ High Performance Homes are responsibly designed to take advantage of the latest innovations with home automation technology supported by Apple®. Homes include features that make life easier and provide energy savings that allow for more comfortable living at a lower cost through sustainability features that contribute to healthier living for both homeowners and the planet.
Led by a veteran team of industry professionals who boast years of worldwide experience and deep local expertise, Landsea Homes is committed to positively enhancing the lives of our homebuyers, employees and stakeholders by creating an unparalleled lifestyle experience that is unmatched.
Senior Staff Accountant experienced in preparing, analyzing, and interpreting, accounting records and financial data. This position will directly report to the Division Controller at Landsea Homes Florida Division:
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in preparation of financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Company’s financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Identify, prepare and record necessary accruals, general ledger journal entries and job cost entries for financial accounting.
- Participate in monthly closing procedures.
- Extensive ability to prepare schedules and reconcile various general ledger accounts; i.e., cash, accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, payroll, and other accrued expenses and liabilities
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations of multiple accounts. Post deposits.
- Review and prepare job cost reports as needed.
- Review accounting reports and investigate variances and make determine adjustments
- Assist with annual budget process and prepare monthly budget variance analysis.
- Provide information to auditors and participate in annual audit.
- Experience with maintaining policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Provide data and support to corporate departments
- Ensures compliance with company policies, internal controls, and GAAP.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis and management
- Certified Public Accountant are a plus.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 & Vena are a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel mandatory.
- Prior construction or homebuilding experience strongly preferred