In this role, the Sales Manager recruits, trains, and develops Sales Associates. The Sales Manager oversees and manages the field sales team in their assigned communities to maximize revenue while achieving sales and closing goals. The position will be responsible and accountable in achieving sales objectives in a manner that is consistent with good business practices that adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain sales plans for each assigned community with Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Train and coach Sales Associates with the 4:2 Formula on a continuous basis.
- Recruit, motivate, and evaluate Sales Associates’ ongoing performance.
- Assist Sales Associates in achieving sales objectives in their assigned communities.
- Prepares sales center staffing schedules.
- Gather and analyze competitive data utilized in market analysis.
- Review and analyze mystery shops of Sales Associates.
- Ensure current and accurate sales materials are provided in each community.
- Monitor lead generation and follow-up of Sales Associates.
- Participates and facilitates weekly sales meetings.
- Actively monitors potential future sales personnel hires by visiting competitors’ sales offices on a periodic basis, formally tracking high-potential candidates and engaging candidates when openings arise.
- Recruits, interviews and hires sales representatives and sales assistants to produce best-in-class sales force.
- Ensures job expectations and periodic performance goals are clearly understood by each individual team member.
- Owns the CRM process and ensures engagement of sales team with use of the program.
- Prepares and actively lead sales meetings and formalized trainings.
- Evaluates each member of the sales team as they prepare/maintain sales office environment and model homes, interact with prospective buyers, describe the unique customer value proposition, and enter/track information in CRM in an effort to identify areas for improvement where coaching is appropriate.
- Coach Sales Associates via in-person instruction, role playing and interactive discussion, both informally and formally using the Company’s established performance appraisal processes.
- Recognizes top performers and leverages strengths in a strategic fashion to promote positivity and encourage constructive behaviors.
- Visits competitor communities to gather market data and intelligence (e.g. pricing, product specifications, release and sales information, incentives, lot premiums, options, etc.) and provides summary reports to management.
- Solicits and summarizes input from community sales team members regarding customer preferences (product, location, community, builder), traffic patterns and quality of traffic, and any other information requested or that may be helpful to management
- Works collaboratively with individual community sales representatives and division management to determine sales forecasts and closing schedules.
- Minimum of 3-years previous sales experience.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be comfortable on a computer and willing to adapt to applications such as Outlook, Atlas, Salesforce, and HB1.
- Current working knowledge of homebuilding and the residential real estate industry preferred.
- Must be able to prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales presentations.
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, walk active jobsites, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 25 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks and duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task and others.
This position will require travel to assigned community locations within their region and the corporate office in Scottsdale. A valid driver’s license is required at all times.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.