We recognize that the key to our success is our people. Landsea is constantly seeking talented and motivated people with knowledge and experience in all aspects of real estate development and homebuilding.
- A leader in green innovation and sustainability in homebuilding
- A people‐oriented company focused on our employees, homebuyers and stakeholders
- A rare opportunity to play a vital role in shaping the future of the company
- Exciting and fast‐paced international business environment
- Extraordinary opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Great benefits
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Would you like to experience a rewarding and successful career?
We are looking for an
Residential CAD Drafter
The Residential CAD Drafter’s primary role is to prepare, update and maintain construction documents of Landsea’s architectural library, including homes, sales and construction offices/trailers and model home complex.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Operate computer‐aided drafting & equipment to produce working drawings, charts, forms and records.
- Draw rough and detailed plans to scale for buildings and structures, based on preliminary design development, engineering calculations, feature specification sheets and other data.
- This includes: Floor plans, roof plans, elevations, sections, architectural details, electrical plans, and plumbing diagrams.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design/feature specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural documents, while adhering to municipality code standards.
- Create and update community specific design features.
- Prepare construction sets, bidding documents, Appraisal, Blue sets and technical reports for specific projects under plans manager supervision.
- Compile information necessary to produce model home complex, sales and construction office plans in preparation for City approval submittal.
- Analyze building codes, by‐laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural submittal process.
- Perform plan maintenance post frame walk revisions or engineering RFI’s.
- Maintain running log of plan changes & updates.
- Maintain library of plans and update as directed with AutoCAD 2020+.
- Communicate plan changes and revisions with design coordinator, field and sales.
- Ensure Marketing floorplans adhere to approved construction documents.
General Areas of Focus:
- Construction Document Preparation
- Design Review
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A professional demeanor
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Key qualifications include:
- 3+ years of experience in drafting, architectural, or structural engineering
- AutoCAD/PhotoShop experience required.
- Experience with residential and/or production home building is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Drafting or related field preferred
- Office product suite. Specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to properly execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality
- Valid driver’s license and automotive insurance at all times.
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position works in a general office environment with moderate noise, the office environment is busy with unscheduled interruptions. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
This position will require occasional driving to projects and municipalities.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.