Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Purchasing staff with administrative support.
- Assemble bid packages that include plans, features, minis, color schemes, standards, and all relative documentation for trades.
- Send and track scopes of work, change orders, amendments, and insurance.
- Sends out revised plans to superintendents and subcontractors.
- Creates purchase orders, revises purchase orders, codes and sends invoices to the appropriate parties for signature for prompt payment.
- Prepare monthly reports for review and distribution to management in a timely manner
- Processes all contracts, sends to subcontractors via email or DocuSign, and tracks receipt of all contracts for our records.
- Copies and files signed contracts and provides executed copy to subcontractors.
- Prepares contract rollovers.
- Maintains log of outstanding executed contracts and deltas of plans.
- Helps maintain option integrity and product features list.
- Provides support to Director of Purchasing; other managers, senior management and departments as needed.
- Processes base house and option upgrade purchase orders.
- Investigates, researches and resolves problem billing and/or missing paperwork for subcontractors.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions to include answering phones, taking messages, copying, filing, faxing, etc.
- Regular contact with Purchasing Agent/Manager, Marketing Staff, Field Office Staff, Superintendents, Subcontractors and other Purchasing Staff.
- Prepare option program including, but not limited to, set up option details, send option details out for pricing, prepare standards & option binders and issue option purchase orders.
- Coordinate with design center and sales staff on all option-related documentations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the company mission.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all employee and management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with vendors and third-party companies.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Expected to meet established productivity and task management standards or seek assistance.
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Prefer one-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with managers, agencies, consultants, subcontractors and all employees as needed.
- General knowledge of the residential building industry.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Must be able to operate office equipment to include fax machine, copier and printers.
- Must relate well over the phone and in person.
- Proficient computer skills: 10-key, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Strong reading comprehension, analytical and organization skills/abilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and effective team player attitude.
- Attention to detail is a must.
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position works in a general office environment with moderate noise, the office environment is busy with unscheduled interruptions. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel may at times be required. Employee will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.