Landsea Homes is a global builder with communities and homes in the US, Germany and China. Landsea Homes draws on a global perspective to create urban and suburban communities in prime markets for sophisticated, discerning buyers. We bring insights, innovative approaches and open-minded thinking to the way we choose where to build, what to build, how to build and—most importantly—why, for our buyers.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes designs and builds homes and communities throughout the nation that reflect modern living—inspired spaces and features, built in vibrant, prime locations where they connect seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance the local lifestyle for living, working and playing.
The “golden thread” of Landsea Homes’ many types of homes is where they are built. Throughout the country, we carefully select prime markets for our homes and communities with commuter-friendly access to major employment centers. The result is less time spent commuting, and more time enjoying all the opportunities that your new home affords. You’ll find Landsea communities and homes in Boston, Massachusetts, Weehawken, New Jersey, the Bay Area of Northern California, greater Los Angeles and Orange County, California.
We are seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Project Manager. The PM is responsible for leading the development and implementation of assigned real estate projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects, assists Vice President and other executives to achieve project related goals and takes projects end to end from original concept through final implementation. Project Managers also monitor and drive project performance/delivery by implementing project management best practices, handle multiple due diligence functions at project inception in an effort to research viable real estate development deals and creates and manages project budgets and schedules as projects arise.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Implements established project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of approved project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and company expectations.
- Responsible for creating and managing: project schedules from the acquisition through build out; Budgets, including forecasting, funding requests as required, and cost allocation.
- Communicate with municipalities (Cities and Counties) to gather development impact and building permit fees for specific projects.
- Communicate with engineers, architects and all other consultants required for design development through creation and submittal of construction drawings.
- Obtain and facilitate the timely submission of all project related date as it relates to acquisition, purchasing, construction, Bureau of Real Estate, and bond exoneration, to the required departments and personnel.
- Responsible for gathering important due diligence data as it relates to specific projects.
- Responsible for being a single point of contact for all aspects of assigned projects.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and team assignments, scheduling & monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and managing functional, quality, timeline and budget issues appropriately.
- Execute and manage project entitlement processes on schedule and budget.
- Effectively perform employment responsibilities balancing the utilization of time versus cost
- Make timely decisions using sound and accurate judgment while keeping stakeholders informed in the decision process
- Identify problems, gather, and analyze information skillfully, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Utilize past experience to identify coordination issues
- Organize and prioritize work activities while utilizing efficient time management skills in meeting deadlines or staying on schedule
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in written correspondence
- Meet established goals while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality work
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates ownership, commitment and urgency when completing tasks
- Ability to adapt and refocus priorities as new information is learned or disseminated
- Present him or herself in a professional manner at all times, and be confident to engage in public speaking when required
Key Qualifications Include:
- A fundamental understanding of real estate acquisitions, entitlement processing, budgeting, construction, and sales required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 10+ years of related experience
- A college degree with a BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or other quantitative subject area is preferred.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Project required. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Power Point and Word is required. Strong writing and presentation skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate project management including due diligence research, budget and scheduling, City and County entitlement processing, fee gathering, site/construction management and overall project supervision
- Ability to create, manage and oversee project schedules
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to utilize key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Ability to develop and implement project plans, monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Advanced understanding and ability to prepare, manage and control project budgets
- Ability to conduct independent market analysis and prepare market pricing graphs, pricing recommendations, and sales tracking
- Overnight travel as required
- Ideal candidate will have a strong interest in real estate acquisitions, financial analysis, and possess the ability work successfully in high stress environments
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.