A Land Development Field Manager is responsible for managing specific land development projects as assigned from project inception through turnover to the Vertical Construction Department. A Land Development Field Manager prepares, maintains, and executes the site development schedule to ensure that communities are constructed to the finish lot stage timely, within budget and to the quality standards of Landsea Homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily coordination and professional communication with various departments of the company, field personnel, site contractors, subcontractors, field consultants, and jurisdictional agency representatives.
• Coordinate pre-construction meetings and inspections with municipal inspectors and utilities’ representatives.
• Review plans to help prepare an initial project budget, schedule and to check for conflicts.
• Perform daily site visits to each construction site to inspect subcontractors’ and utilities’ work to ensure the same is performed according to schedule, building
codes, plans, and contract specifications.
• Ensure that all active construction sites comply with regulatory and safety requirements of jurisdictional agencies and corporate policy by enforcing OSHA safety requirements; traffic and dust control standards; and SWPPP control BMP’s and any other permits or requirements
• Work with Land Development Coordinators and Forward Planning Team to (i) ensure necessary permits are obtained and remain in full force and good standing, and (ii) review and approve all land development invoices for each project (including both contracted and change order/extra work).
• Regularly update land development schedule, project notes and development
checklist to reflect actual operations.
• Provide regular communication with Management regarding project schedule and budget related issues.
• Coordinate the completion and turnover of the landscaping, entry gates (if
necessary), etc. to HOA
• Deliver project subdivision with Certificate of Occupancy Clearance and coordinate turnover to Vertical Construction Department.
• Attend staff meetings and other meetings/responsibilities as directed by Supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Key qualifications include:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 5 years’ related experience in the Construction Industry.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Excel, Word and become proficient in proprietary software.
• Must have a strong working knowledge of Civil Improvement Plans.
• Must manage multiple priorities in an efficient and accurate manner.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and complete tasks within a scheduled timeframe.
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
This position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a
motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages. Finger dexterity
in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
This position is a safety-sensitive position and includes tasks and duties that could affect the
safety and health of the employee performing the task and others. This position requires
OSHA 10-hour construction safety and health and Rule 310 comprehensive dust control
training, provided by the company.
This position will require driving, a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required at all times.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.