As an Internal Audit Manager at Landsea Homes, you will assume a pivotal role in evaluating enterprise risks pertaining to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. This role involves overseeing financial and operational audits, evaluating internal controls related to financial reporting, and optimizing our organization’s operational efficiency.
- Prepare and evaluate process documentation and existing operating procedures.
- Identify, assess, and contribute to the evaluation of risks, controls, and the development of test scripts.
- Execute tests on critical control designs to gauge operational effectiveness.
- Collaborate with process owners to address critical control deficiencies, dissect root causes, and propose solutions to augment the internal control environment.
- Lead enterprise risk assessments and aid the Director of SOX Compliance in formulating and executing the Internal Audit Plan.
- Identify and research improper accounting or documentation procedures and offer recommendations for enhancement.
- Accurately assess, document, and communicate all audit findings and conclusions in compliance with workpaper documentation standards.
- Serve as liaison between the organization, external auditors, and the SOX team.
- Manage special assignments as directed by senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
- 4 – 5 years of experience in auditing (internal/external), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), or accounting.
- CPA or CIA Certification or Candidate designation is preferred.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable communicating cross-functionally with internal and external business partners.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables in a dynamic environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
Occasional travel may be required. Employees will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Landsea Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.