Landsea Homes Corporation (Nasdaq: LSEA) is a publicly traded residential homebuilder based in Newport Beach, CA that designs and builds best-in-class homes and sustainable master-planned communities in some of the nation’s most desirable markets. The company has developed homes and communities in New York, Boston, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Texas and throughout California in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
An award-winning homebuilder that builds suburban, single-family detached and attached homes, mid-and high-rise properties, and master-planned communities, Landsea Homes is known for creating inspired places that reflect modern living and provides homebuyers the opportunity to “Live in Your Element.” Our homes allow people to live where they want to live, how they want to live – in a home created especially for them.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes’ High Performance Homes are responsibly designed to take advantage of the latest innovations with home automation technology supported by Apple®. Homes include features that make life easier and provide energy savings that allow for more comfortable living at a lower cost through sustainability features that contribute to healthier living for both homeowners and the planet.
Led by a veteran team of industry professionals who boast years of worldwide experience and deep local expertise, Landsea Homes is committed to positively enhancing the lives of our homebuyers, employees and stakeholders by creating an unparalleled lifestyle experience that is unmatched.
For more information on Landsea Homes, visit: www.landseahomes.com.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant. You will be responsible for SEC reporting and ensuring that our company follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and reporting requirements set forth by the SEC. In addition to preparing reports that include our financial statements and disclosures, you will provide support for external auditors as necessary. Our ideal candidate is a certified public accountant (CPA) who has experience working for a large accounting firm and/or with a public company’s financial reporting.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare quarterly and annual 10-Q/K financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for joint venture entities.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc financial reports used by senior management.
- Support annual audit and quarterly review coordination.
- Coordinate reporting and compliance with debt covenants.
- Become an expert user within:
- Dynamics 365
- Research and propose accounting treatment for technical situations including acquisitions, debt, equity, stock options, new accounting standards, etc.
- Support and coordinate with 3rd party tax preparers.
- Assist with internal controls related to SOX.
- Prepare corporate related journal entries, as needed.
- Perform account reconciliations over corporate accounts, as needed.
- Monitor and review entity specific trial balances.
- Assist with customary month-end closing procedures.
- Ad-hoc analysis of financial and operational data.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, preferably with a large national accounting firm.
- Excellent Excel skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong accounting and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Active CPA is preferred.
- Residential, home-building, construction, and real estate accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with Workiva is a plus.