Financial Reporting Manager
We are looking for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager. You will be responsible for SEC reporting and ensuring that our company follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and reporting requirements set forth by the SEC. In addition to preparing and filing reports that include our financial statements and disclosures, you will coordinate with external auditors as necessary. Our ideal candidate is a certified public accountant (CPA) who has experience working for a large accounting firm and/or with a public company’s financial reporting.
Landsea Homes Corporation (Nasdaq: LSEA) is a publicly traded residential homebuilder based in Newport Beach, CA that designs and builds best-in-class homes and sustainable master-planned communities in some of the nation’s most desirable markets. The company has developed homes and communities in New York, Boston, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Texas and throughout California in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
An award-winning homebuilder that builds suburban, single-family detached and attached homes, mid-and high-rise properties, and master-planned communities, Landsea Homes is known for creating inspired places that reflect modern living and provides homebuyers the opportunity to “Live in Your Element.” Our homes allow people to live where they want to live, how they want to live – in a home created especially for them.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes’ High Performance Homes are responsibly designed to take advantage of the latest innovations with home automation technology supported by Apple®. Homes include features that make life easier and provide energy savings that allow for more comfortable living at a lower cost through sustainability features that contribute to healthier living for both homeowners and the planet.
Led by a veteran team of industry professionals who boast years of worldwide experience and deep local expertise, Landsea Homes is committed to positively enhancing the lives of our homebuyers, employees and stakeholders by creating an unparalleled lifestyle experience that is unmatched.
For more information on Landsea Homes, visit: www.landseahomes.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, review, and lead the financial reporting of the company’s quarterly and annual financial statements and footnote disclosures in Workiva to be filed with the SEC in compliance with US GAAP.
- Comply with all Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and internal control processes and requirements associated with financial reporting, equity, and other areas.
- Assist in the annual and interim audit, including coordination of external auditors’ requests.
- Manage the development and maintenance of reports in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of financial reports and reporting packages for internal and external stakeholders.
- Work across the organization to drive internal reporting improvements and automation.
- Ensure compliance with tax requirements including working with outside tax advisors to prepare quarterly tax provisions and annual tax extensions and returns.
- Review and post journal entries as needed.
- Lead technical accounting including draft and maintain accounting policy memos.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify potential technical accounting issues from new guidance or changes to the business.
- Other accounting and finance projects and tasks as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Certified public accountant (CPA) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in an accounting or financial reporting role.
- Familiarity with US GAAP and reporting standards.
- Public company reporting experience along with internal controls processes and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge in financial systems and financial reporting software (Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Workiva, a plus).
- Experience with M&A integrations and post-closing activities, a plus.
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document results accurately and independently.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and listening) and comfortable working cross-functionally with internal business partners.
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department and juggle multiple projects and deliverables.
- Highly organized, great attention to detail, matched with the ability to see and communicate the big picture.
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.