Landsea Homes is a global builder with communities and homes in the US, Germany and China. Landsea Homes draws on a global perspective to create urban and suburban communities in prime markets for sophisticated, discerning buyers. We bring insights, innovative approaches and open-minded thinking to the way we choose where to build, what to build, how to build and—most importantly—why, for our buyers.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes designs and builds homes and communities throughout the nation that reflect modern living—inspired spaces and features, built in vibrant, prime locations where they connect seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance the local lifestyle for living, working and playing.
The “golden thread” of Landsea Homes’ many types of homes is where they are built. Throughout the country, we carefully select prime markets for our homes and communities with commuter-friendly access to major employment centers. The result is less time spent commuting, and more time enjoying all the opportunities that your new home affords. You’ll find Landsea communities and homes in Boston, Massachusetts, Weehawken, New Jersey, the Bay Area of Northern California, greater Los Angeles and Orange County, California.
We are seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Financial Analyst experienced in preparing, analyzing and interpreting accounting records and financial data for home-building and land development. They will report directly to the Director of Finance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in preparation of proformas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the Company’s financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Review and prepare job cost reports as needed.
- Review accounting reports and explain variances.
- Assist with annual budget process and prepare monthly budget variance analysis.
- Provide information to auditors and participate in annual audit.
- Assist with the preparation of land/draw packages.
- Manage contractual obligations of builder.
- Experience with maintaining policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Key qualifications include:
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in accounting, financial analysis, job costing experience a plus (Will consider internship experience)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent Excel skills required
- Residential, home-building, construction, and real estate accounting experience is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong accounting and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze and critique cash flows and proformas a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard.
This position will require domestic, cross-country travel at times with the possibility of some international travel.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.
Job Type: Full-time