Landsea Homes is seeking an intelligent and ambitious individual interested in an exciting and challenging position as a Financial Analyst for our Land Acquisition Department. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Land Acquisition to prepare, analyze, and interpret financial models related to land development and new home construction projects.
- Perform financial modeling and sensitivity analysis for land acquisition projects, generating insightful reports for the leadership team.
- Prepare project proformas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to assess financial viability.
- Conduct competitive market analysis of targeted regions to inform land acquisition strategies.
- Review active projects, running variance reports to track budget performance.
- Manage contractual obligations with the internal Finance Department.
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather real-time data for informed acquisitions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the Company’s financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Assist in the preparation of Investment Committee presentations for new project acquisitions.
- Support the preparation of land/draw packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of accounting, financial analysis, or job costing experience (internship experience will be considered); experience in residential, home-building, construction, or real estate accounting is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel with advanced skills in financial modeling and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable communicating cross-functionally with internal and external business partners.
This is primarily a sedentary position. Occasional bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and carrying of office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less may be required. Finger dexterity is necessary to operate a computer keyboard.
Occasional travel may be required. Employees will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Landsea Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.