Finance and Accounting Administrator
Landsea Homes is a global builder with communities and homes in the US, Germany and China. Landsea Homes draws on a global perspective to create urban and suburban communities in prime markets for sophisticated, discerning buyers. We bring insights, innovative approaches and open-minded thinking to the way we choose where to build, what to build, how to build and—most importantly—why, for our buyers.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes designs and builds homes and communities throughout the nation that reflect modern living—inspired spaces and features, built in vibrant, prime locations where they connect seamlessly with their surroundings and enhance the local lifestyle for living, working and playing.
The "golden thread" of Landsea Homes' many types of homes is where they are built. Throughout the country, we carefully select prime markets for our homes and communities with commuter-friendly access to major employment centers. The result is less time spent commuting, and more time enjoying all the opportunities that your new home affords. You’ll find Landsea communities and homes in Boston, Massachusetts, Weehawken, New Jersey, the Bay Area of Northern California, greater Los Angeles, Orange County, California and Arizona.
Job Description – Finance and Accounting Administrator
Landsea Homes is seeking a Finance and Accounting Administrator to support operations of the New York Metro Division of Landsea Homes. The successful candidate will have experience working with project budgets, contracts, accounts payable, bank, and will have familiarity and experience with ERP type business systems.
Summary of Position Requirements
The position will support the division operations of the Landsea US New York Metro Division, with a focus on the finance and accounting workflow and operations to enhance the accuracy of reported financial results and to ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Finance Operations functions:
- Work with Division team members to forecast payables to assist in cash flow management
- Manage project property tax and entity related payments to ensure timely payment
- Preparing check requests and wire transfers for processing by Corporate AP team
- Assist in monthly bank draw preparation
- Review bank loan statements against accounting entries by Corporate finance team
- Assisting Finance team with ad hoc projects and workflow process improvements
Accounts Payable functions:
- Maintain Division’s Accounts Payable email address where all vendor invoices are received
- Act as main point of contact for Division and vendor inquires on vendor payment status
- Coding of invoices to appropriate project and budget codes
- Work with Corporate AP on entry adjustments to coding, payment to incorrect vendors, etc.
- Manage bi-weekly check run reviews with project managers, finance team
- Confirm accuracy of checks and mailing checks to vendors
- Review and reconcile aged payables to ensure timely payments of amounts due
Contract Administration functions:
- Assist in process of contracting vendors for services for projects and division needs
- Creating work orders for pay against vendor contracts
- Processing claim requests for payment against work orders
- Working with project teams to maintain contract/commitment logs
- Work with Division team members to improve and organize filing systems
- Work with Division and Corporate office to maintain Certificates of Insurance for all vendors
- As needed, greet guests and answer a moderate volume of phone calls, screen, and route calls, and assist callers with inquiries
- Provide occasional administrative support for senior management
- Contribute to a successful workflow of filing, copying, scanning and; sort, review and distribute mail; compose, prepare or ensure timely responses to a variety or written inquiries.
- Prepare mailings, shipping labels and coordinate delivery and pickup
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree preferred
- 2+ years employment experience in accounting, financial analysis, job costing a plus
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Professional experience in building single-family and/or multifamily residential projects preferred
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and ledger reconciliation skills required
- Ability to multitask, and be flexible in performing tasks for a variety of needs
- Able to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Display a high level of accuracy across multiple priorities while managing time effectively
- Advanced PC skills, with Excel, Word, and ERP Accounting System
- Public Notary a plus
- Finance Director
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.
To apply, please email your resume to: email@example.com