About Landsea Homes Corporation
Landsea Homes Corporation (Nasdaq: LSEA) is a publicly traded residential homebuilder based in Newport Beach, CA that designs and builds best-in-class homes and sustainable master-planned communities in some of the nation’s most desirable markets. The company has developed homes and communities in New York, Boston, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Texas and throughout California in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
An award-winning homebuilder that builds suburban, single-family detached and attached homes, mid-and high-rise properties, and master-planned communities, Landsea Homes is known for creating inspired places that reflect modern living and provides homebuyers the opportunity to “Live in Your Element.” Our homes allow people to live where they want to live, how they want to live – in a home created especially for them.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes’ High Performance Homes are responsibly designed to take advantage of the latest innovations with home automation technology supported by Apple®. Homes include features that make life easier and provide energy savings that allow for more comfortable living at a lower cost through sustainability features that contribute to healthier living for both homeowners and the planet.
Led by a veteran team of industry professionals who boast years of worldwide experience and deep local expertise, Landsea Homes is committed to positively enhancing the lives of our homebuyers, employees and stakeholders by creating an unparalleled lifestyle experience that is unmatched.
The Division Controller is the financial leader for the Division and the right-hand financial partner to the Division President. This position is involved in each of the Division’s key operating areas including land acquisition, forward planning, product development, marketing, sales, purchasing, construction, and warranty management. You will be responsible for all Division Accounting, the preparation of the Division’s annual and quarterly Business Plan and forecasts for unit activity, profit contributions, and cash flows. The position’s primary responsibility is managing and maintaining accurate project-level and overhead budgets within the Division.
- Oversee all divisional accounting staff, accounting, and accounts payable functions
- Oversee all divisional journal entries, closing of the books, and GAAP reporting
- Ensure efficient policies and procedures and the proper internal controls for accuracy
- Ensure the Division’s books are prepared and closed within the monthly, quarterly, and annual guidelines established by the corporate office, and that the financial statements accurately reflect the Division’s operations.
- Prepare the Division’s annual business plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Coordinate internal and external audit requests
- Ensure that all potential land deals meet the required Corporate, Regional and Divisional requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring Development and G&A budgets to make sure there is adequate backup to support these amounts and to investigate subsequent changes.
- Responsible for making sure that all appropriate Region and Division personnel are adequately trained and understand how to utilize the accounting system.
- Oversee the budgeting process for the Division and be the key conduit of information related to budgets, schedules, and other financially related topics pertaining to real-estate development and operation.
- Manage and maintain accurate budgets in the Company’s planning software (Vena) and its ERP system (Dynamics 365).
- Assist the Corporate Finance Team as needed related to financing the Division’s projects.
- Provide monthly analyses of Division operations and financial results.
- Manage joint venture business including cash flow, loan transactions and equity partner reporting and communications. (if applicable)
- Provide oversight, guidance and quality control over budget information related to Division land acquisition, forward planning, product development, marketing, sales, purchasing, construction, and warranty management activities.
- Responsible for coordination and certification of SOX key controls
- Assist Corporate with its continuing efforts to develop new business tools, streamline operational processes and simplify data management/reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of month end, quarter end and year end including capitalization of costs, allocations, and COS processing
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on budget items including land development, sales & marketing and indirect construction costs
- Responsible for all cash entries, sales vouchers, and general journal entries for the division
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis and management
- Certified Public Accountant strongly preferred.
- Experience with Dynamics 365 Vena are a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel mandatory.
- Prior construction or homebuilding experience strongly preferred