The Director of Finance oversees all Division financial controls with a focus on business planning, cost analysis, risk mitigation, and collaboration between all departments. This position will collaborate closely with the VP of Finance to develop and execute financial strategy in alignment with overall business planning.
- Serve as a financial advisor to VP of Finance to develop and execute the Division’s financial strategy in alignment with overall business planning.
- Drive financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting processes to ensure accurate and timely financial projections.
- Review, analyze and monitor divisional financial statements, key performance metrics, and operational trends to better assist leadership in driving performance.
- Work with corporate FP&A team to ensure all divisional inputs are accurate for the consolidated business plan.
- Work with accounting team to investigate any unusual variances or results.
- Build relationships with members of the divisional team and corporate teams to streamline communication and act as an advisor to solve problems and communicate relevant information.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplications, manual processes, and reporting.
- Provide insightful financial analysis, identifying key trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement, growth, and cost optimization.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulatory controls and provide guidance on accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the Division’s cash flow, liquidity, and working capital to optimize financial resources.
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance cash forecasting, risk management, and capital allocation.
- Lead and mentor a high-performing finance team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and professional growth.
- Set clear objectives, provide ongoing feedback, and facilitate training and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 4-5+ years of experience in residential homebuilding or 7 years of experience in a similar field.
- Proven experience in a senior finance leadership role, preferably within the real estate or homebuilding industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning, reporting, and analysis, with a track record of driving financial performance and executing strategies that support business objectives and drive growth.
- In-depth understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting requirements, and regulatory compliance.
This position has supervisory responsibilities and will lead a team of people.
This is primarily a sedentary position. May be required to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position requires public contact, as such, appropriate business apparel and professional appearance is expected.
Occasional travel may be required. Employees will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Landsea Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.