Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and direct all aspects of construction
- Supervise Area Managers, Senior Superintendents, Superintendents, and Assistant Superintendents
- Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities in accordance with job schedules and business partner scopes of work
- Ability to effectively manage staff through ensuring appropriate staffing, providing formal and informal evaluations/feedback, addressing associate issues when warranted and providing appropriate training and mentoring
- Ensure timely home completion and deliveries
- Ensure that work is in compliance with City or County requirements and building codes
- Oversee the plan and schedule of all construction activities on homes from start to finish
- Provide trade partner feedback to the Director of Purchasing concerning trade partner’s timeliness and attention to detail
- Ensure job site cleanliness and safety
- Frequently inspect homes for quality compliance
- Provide initial and ongoing training to construction team regarding scheduling, trade partner supervision, quality control
- Communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in written correspondence
- Work closely with the construction team to ensure open communication on all matters; develop a strong environment conducive to proactive resolution of issues and strong commitment to producing a quality end result
- Conduct field meetings with trade partners, construction staff and sales staff
- Manage departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards
- Ensure that reporting associates follow policies and procedures
- Develop performance improvement plans if an associate’s performance is not meeting expectations
- Demonstrates a commitment to exceeding buyer’s expectations.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employees and Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and subcontractors.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards
- Directly supervises Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, laborers, subcontractors, and vendors on the job site.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work.
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 8 yrs. experience in project/construction management in residential construction required.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in directing and supervising construction staff
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling, budgeting and document management
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and engineering plans.
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word and Excel)
- Excellent follow-up, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Must be able to build and use should-cost models
- Must have sound negotiating skills
This is position has both office and field responsibilities, which requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items in excess of 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages, meeting with Trade Partners and vendors. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
This position is full time.