The Construction Superintendent manages all aspects of the jobsite as it relates to new home construction. The Superintendent will be responsible for the construction of multiple homes from dirt through closing while maximizing profits, maintaining excellence, and following all company policies and procedures.
- Oversee entire home construction process.
- Communicate with the project sales teams, customer care representatives, and homebuyers to provide regular updates on the home construction process and delivery schedules and assist with resolution of customer care issues.
- Conduct pre-job meetings with subcontractors prior to key stages of construction and inform each subcontractor of defects or delays to ensure a timely and quality product is delivered.
- Perform daily quality walkthroughs and inspections of all site operations and inform Director of Construction, General Superintendent and Purchasing Agent/Off Site Superintendent immediately of any delays or excessive defects.
- Performs intermediate meetings and walk-throughs with homebuyers during construction process.
- Review, code, and approve all subcontractor and material supplier invoices and process payment requests.
- Coordinate with Vice President of Operations to develop and update daily and weekly production and milestone schedules and account for any issues or delays.
- Ensure new home readiness for Pre-Carpet and complete New Home Orientation Training walkthrough/checklist with homebuyer prior to Close of Escrow.
- Administers Safety Program consistent with Corporate Policy and monitors and enforces regular safety meetings and training.
- Ensures compliance with all Florida SWPPP requirements.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience as a Superintendent in the home construction industry and working knowledge of construction codes.
- General Contractor’s license is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with homeowners and subcontractors, as needed.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, while working under pressure and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to properly and efficiently delegate, execute, and follow-up on tasks.
- A valid Florida driver’s license and active vehicle insurance is required.
- Experience reading blueprints to interpret architecture, structural and civil plans.
This position involves both office and field responsibilities. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, walk on active jobsites, read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and carry items weighing more than 25 pounds. Office work includes sitting at a computer for extended periods, completing paperwork, and receiving/returning phone messages. Proficiency in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors, adapting to different weather conditions. Public contact is required; therefore, professional appearance and appropriate business attire are expected.
Directly supervises assistant superintendents, laborers, subcontractors, and vendors on the job site. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Trains employees; plans, assigns, and directs work.
This position is a safety sensitive position and includes tasks or duties that could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task and others. This position requires safety training provided by the company.
Travel is required for this position. Employees will be reimbursed for using their own vehicle in the course of the job at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time.
Landsea Homes is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.