Landsea Homes Corporation (Nasdaq: LSEA) is a publicly traded residential homebuilder based in Newport Beach, CA that designs and builds best-in-class homes and sustainable master-planned communities in some of the nation’s most desirable markets. The company has developed homes and communities in New York, Boston, New Jersey, Arizona, Florida, Texas and throughout California in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and Orange County.
An award-winning homebuilder that builds suburban, single-family detached and attached homes, mid-and high-rise properties, and master-planned communities, Landsea Homes is known for creating inspired places that reflect modern living and provides homebuyers the opportunity to “Live in Your Element.” Our homes allow people to live where they want to live, how they want to live – in a home created especially for them.
Driven by a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Landsea Homes’ High Performance Homes are responsibly designed to take advantage of the latest innovations with home automation technology supported by Apple®. Homes include features that make life easier and provide energy savings that allow for more comfortable living at a lower cost through sustainability features that contribute to healthier living for both homeowners and the planet.
Led by a veteran team of industry professionals who boast years of worldwide experience and deep local expertise, Landsea Homes is committed to positively enhancing the lives of our homebuyers, employees and stakeholders by creating an unparalleled lifestyle experience that is unmatched.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist the Superintendent to manage the home construction process.
- Assist the Superintendent with schedules, and/or supervises consultants, vendors, subcontractors, and inspectors.
- Assist the Superintendent supervising subcontractors.
- Assist the Superintendent as required interfacing with sales, customer service and the homebuyer on a consistent and frequent basis.
- Assist the Superintendent to conducts pre-job meetings with subcontractors prior to key stages of construction.
- Assist the Superintendent to manage the Quality Control Inspection Program consistently with corporate policy and procedure.
- Performs daily quality walks of all site operations.
- Performs intermediate meetings and walk-throughs with homebuyer during construction process, as directed by the Superintendent.
- Assist the Superintendent to manage the Option Program and cut off dates
- Assist the Superintendent to manage Third Party Quality Control Inspection Program consistently with corporate policy and procedure.
- Prepares to successfully pass regulatory agency inspections.
- Releases subcontractors only after satisfactory completion of required work.
- Performs field measurement for all work paid by actual quantity of work installed; ie. Fencing and concrete flatwork.
- Maintains accurate account of any issues and/or delays.
- Completes each home ready for Pre-Carpet and NHOT.
- Completes 100% of items listed on each NHOT prior to COE 90% of the time.
- Monitors and enforces safety meetings.
- Monitors and keeps models in excellent condition.
- Assist the Superintendent in inspecting all improvements with subcontractor prior to commencement of operations that could potentially damage existing improvements and hold subcontractor responsible for any damage.
- Assist the Superintendent in the administration of the Safety Program consistent with Corporate Policy.
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure compliance with all SWPPP requirements.
- Assists off-site manager as necessary on the completion of site work for tract and common area acceptance.
- Assist the Superintendent with the resolution of customer care issues.
- Assist the Superintendent in preparing plans and house files for archiving, including accurate “As-Builts.”
- Performs any task assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to exceeding buyer’s expectations.
- Develops and maintains respect and harmony with all Employee and Management.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with homebuyers, prospective homebuyers and subcontractors.
- Exercise initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Seeks guidance in areas that are unfamiliar with the Senior Construction Management.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing products and tracts, homeowner and/or sub-contractor schedules, management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards, or seeks assistance regarding project requirements.
- Directly supervises laborers, subcontractors and vendors on the job site.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Key qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Requires excellent customer care and the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with homeowners and subcontractors, as needed.
- Thorough knowledge of the residential building industry and the ability to use general building tools and equipment.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Must have problem solving, prioritizing abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to properly delegate and follow-up on tasks with a pleasant and approachable demeanor.
- Required valid California driver’s license; vehicle insurance.
- Working knowledge of construction codes.
- Dust control certification.
- General contractor’s license preferred.
- Blueprint reading to interpret architecture, structural and civil plans.
Primarily an active position. Includes the ability to walk, stand and climb stairs in homes and the assigned community. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.